I was nominated to do the Blue Sky Tag Challenge by Dedra Davis whose blog is full of all kinds of encouraging posts and beautiful pictures. Check her out!
1. How long have you been blogging?
For about a decade…. Which is insane. Though the vast majority of that time has been very casually and often sparingly.
2. Where do you blog/write most often?
Currently at the desktop in my living room. Which makes it hard during the day when the kids are… needing things…
3. What have you learned about yourself since you began blogging?
So much… Blogging is sort of the tip of the iceberg of the writing I do and through writing I process all the big stuff. I’ve had this quote on my blog for years – “The art of writing is the art of discovering what you believe.” (Gustave Flaubert). I’ve learned that I believe most confidently in love, that I cannot separate love from freedom, and that I want freedom for myself and for everyone around me (and not around me!). My heart beats faster when I meet someone who thinks this way, too and though it isn’t always easy, I am committed to learning how to walk in the light and take off the chains.
4. Where would you like to live if you had nothing stopping you?
Paris! Or the French countryside… Because I’ve put all this effort into learning French, but have nobody to practice with. And…. It’s France. Wine, cheese, croissants – yes, please!
5. Where is your dream spot to write?
My ideal is to have a writing shed in the backyard with flowers all around it and a cozy couch and a desk and basically exactly what you see when you type “writing shed” into Pinterest.
6. Tell your reader why you want them to read your words?
Because I want you to know that it’s okay. I want to affirm the permissions you’ve already been taking and maybe even give you new ones. I want you to leave here knowing you are loved by something both Bigger than you and indelibly a part of you. And I want to connect with you. Words are fabulous connectors.
7. Where is your favorite city, in your own state, that is not where you live now?
Well, I’m going to go with a California city since that’s where I grew up (and I have no other favorite in this state – I love my city!). Carmel-by-the-Sea is tucked into the coast near Monterey and it is truly one of the most beautiful places in the world.
8. Tell me a quote you wish you had written?
“When you know better, do better.” – Maya Angelou
9. What goal have you met in 2017?
I have accomplished some writing goals – I’ve started some projects, submitted work, invested in learning… But my main goal has just been to get through this year and so far so good.
10. What is your favorite blog to read?
Probably Sarah Bessey’s blog. She is a fantastic writer and she speaks openly and boldly about things that matter. She’s definitely someone I look up to.
11. What is your favorite social media?
Instagram for sure. It’s like a mini-blog. I love that it’s so visual and so easy – the only beef I have with it is the algorithm thing. I would much rather see everyone’s post than just the ones they think I’ll like.
Blue Sky Tag Challenge
- Start by thanking the person who nominated you and adding their link to your post.
- Answer the 11 questions provided by yours truly!
- Nominate up to 11 other bloggers whose blog you love and link them at the end of your post.
- Come up with (or copy) 11 questions for THEM to answer on their post!
Bloggers I nominate:
Grace Each Step by Rachel Harrington
The Dolly Mama by Esther Goetz
- Give us a five word life story.
- When did you realize you enjoyed writing and sharing?
- What is the scariest thing you’ve ever done?
- What do you hope your reader gets from your blog?
- Aside from writing, what is something you’re good at and love doing?
- Do you have a ritual around your writing?
- Would you rather go camping in a secluded meadow or stay in a hotel in the middle of a huge city?
- Name your favorite blog and tell us why you like it.
- What is the last book you read and what did you think about it?
- How long does an average post take start-to-finish?
- Favorite Disney princess and why (come on, I know you’ve got one!).
I love all your answers and again, so happy you participated in the sky tag challenge. I am happy to be able to get to know you better!